- 1932 Born in Bessema, Alabama as Iverson Minter. His mother died a week after his birth.
- 1941 Louisiana Red’s father was killed by the Ku-Klux-Klan.
- 1972 His first beloved wife died from cancer.
- 1975 Festival in Montreux
Strongly influenced by Muddy Waters, Lightnin‘ Hopkins and Arthur Crudup, he has long ago found his own voice, his own style, his own form of expression.
Louisiana Red has played with just about every major bluesman you can name, some of the most memorable encounters being his jams with B.B.King and Muddy Waters..
- 1981 Louisiana Red leaves the United States for living now in Germany
- 1983 W.C. Handy Award as best traditional blues artist.
- 1984 Marriage with his beloved wife Dora.
- 1997 The first triumphant comeback tours in the United States.
- 1998 Several comeback tours in the United States.